This easy tahini sauce recipe with garlic and fresh lemon juice is delicious and versatile! drizzle on your salads, grilled veggies and more.
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) well-stirred tahini, try our tahini recipe
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, about 1/2 a lemon
- 1 garlic clove minced very finely into a paste or use a Microplane, see note
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 to 6 tablespoons lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Pinch cayenne, optional
- Pinch cumin, optional
- Whisk tahini, garlic paste, lemon juice, olive oil and the salt in a bowl until combined — the mixture will thicken, don’t worry about this.
- Add the water, a tablespoon at a time and whisking well after each addition until desired consistency. If making a spread, look for the consistency of peanut butter. If making a sauce, add enough water until the consistency of runny yogurt.
- Stir in the optional cumin, cayenne pepper, and parsley. Taste for seasoning and adjust with additional salt or lemon juice.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Sauces
- Cuisine: middle eastern
- Calories: 78
Keywords: How to Make Tahini Sauce