This creamy Tuscan chicken soup is a delicious and easy dinner recipe! Juicy chicken breasts are simmered in a luxurious cream sauce with parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, onions and plenty of spinach.
- Prep the chicken. Season both sides of each chicken breast in Italian, salt, and pepper.
- Sear the chicken. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and sear for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden. Remove the chicken from the pan to a plate and set it aside.
- Cook the onions. In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of oil and the onion. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes until the onion has softened.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and garlic and saute another minute until fragrant.
- Add the spinach, and saute another minute until just starting to wilt.
- Add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese, stir together and bring to a simmer.
- Let it simmer. Place the chicken back in the skillet until heated for about 5 minutes.
- I’d recommend 1 to 2 tablespoons for dairy-free folks swapping in nutritional yeast.
- If you have two super thick chicken breasts, you could also butterfly each one and cook with those 4 pieces.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: italian
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 595
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 896
- Fat: 49
- Saturated Fat: 24
- Trans Fat: 0.01
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 30
- Cholesterol: 179
Keywords: marry me chicken, tuscan chicken, tuscan chicken recipe