Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps, a healthy, low-carb, gluten-free dish ideal for lunch and dinner.
- 1 lb of ground chicken
- ½ onion minced
- 1 Table-spoon of Peanut oil
- 1 cup of red or green pepper diced
- 8 oz can water chestnuts, minced and drained
The sauce :
- 3 Tablespoons Soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 Table-spoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Table-spoon Peanut butter
- 2 Table-spoons sweet chili sauce
- ½ Table-spoon garlic powder
- ¼ Table-spoon powdered ginger
- Begin by whisking the sauce ingredients until well combined. If the peanut butter is firm, microwave the mixture for 1 minute so that it melts, and make sure that everything is mixed properly.
- In a frying pan, heat 2 table-spoons of peanut oil. Add the ground chicken when the oil is hot.
- Cook the chicken until it start to brown, then add the onion, and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the water chestnuts and the peppers, and cook for 5 minutes until the peppers become soft.
- Add the sauce, then on low heat, simmer until the chicken and the veggies are coated and everything is heated through.
- Serve the mixture in lettuce leaves on top of the asian salad you like, or over rice or noodles.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Main Course
- Cuisine: Asian
- Calories: 209.1
Keywords: asian chicken lettuce wraps