This recipe is for a Mediterranean-style chicken and Orzo salad that is quick, easy, and perfect for a weeknight dinner. The dish is made with juicy chicken thighs, tender Orzo pasta, fresh veggies, and a bright lemon flavor.
1 cup orzo
1 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs – 4-5 large
1/4 red onion
1 English cucumber
1 cup grape tomatoes
1 cup fresh parsley
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
1/2 cup green olives
1 Tbsp chicken seasoning
1 tsp butter
2.5 Tbsp olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Dice one large English cucumber and add it to a large salad bowl.
- Dice grape tomatoes and add them to the salad bowl as well.
- Once the water is boiling, add salt and 1 cup of Orzo pasta to the pot. Give it a quick stir and let it cook for about 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add a drizzle of olive oil and a small blob of butter.
- Add the chicken thighs to the pan and season them generously with chicken seasoning. Let them cook for 6-8 minutes on each side until browned.
- Finely chop a quarter of a red onion and a handful of parsley, then add them to the salad bowl.
- Grate about half a cup of Parmesan cheese into the bowl.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it to the salad bowl.
- Season everything with sea salt, black pepper, a drizzle of olive oil, and the juice of a whole lemon.
- Toss all of the ingredients to combine them well.
- Serve the Orzo and veggies in a bowl, top it with a piece of chicken, and drizzle the pan juices over it.
- Garnish with a few olives and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Cuisine: italian cuisine, Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 4 PEOPLE
- Calories: 468kcal
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 587mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 33g
- Cholesterol: 119mg
Keywords: chicken orzo