The asparagus stuffed chicken is one of my favorite easy-to-make meals.
Not only does it taste amazing, but it’s very easy to make and does not inquire many ingredients plus, its look is amazing!
How to Make Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast?
To make this amazing meal, we start first by butterflying our chicken breasts.
I was also impressed by this word when I first heard it. In other words, slice the chicken breast horizontally until it opens like a book.
The stuffing is made of cheese, and basically, you can choose any cheese you want, but I prefer mozzarella or cheddar cheese.
After that, we add stalks of asparagus. At first, we are going to cook it in the skillet and then take it to the oven.
For more flavor, you can wrap the chicken breasts with bacon.
Why do I love Asparagus Stuffed Chicken?
First, because it is easy to make and is very healthy, it is perfect for people who want to maintain good health while still enjoying delicious food. Also, it is a great way to encourage kids to eat asparagus.
We have all been there. At some point, we did not like it, and I’m still not sure why I didn’t, but now I’m happy I tried it, and it tastes fantastic.
Is Chicken Stuffed With Asparagus Keto?
Yes, Asparagus is a low-carbohydrate vegetable, making it a good option for those on the keto diet.
While asparagus stuffed chicken is a good option for those on the keto diet, it can also be enjoyed by anyone looking for a tasty and healthy meal.
What to Serve With Asparagus Stuffed Chicken?
What we love about chicken meals is that you have various options for the side dishes you can choose from.
It could be any basic salad, just the classic rice, and my favorite is garlicky parmesan sweet potatoes. Ah, such a delight!
How to Store Stuffed Chicken Breasts?
I know sometimes we just cook more than we usually eat because sometimes we are hungry or just want to store it for a meal the following day.
You can simply store the leftover in airtight containers and keep them in the fridge for about 3 to 4 days.
When you take it out, reheat it in 350F preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
You can also reheat it using a microwave, but I do not recommend that as the texture of the chicken becomes unpleasantly rubbery.
- To make the perfect cut of the chicken breast, place it on the cutting board, place one hand on top of it, and cut horizontally.
- To ensure that the chicken breast won’t open while cooking, uses toothpicks to secure them.
- To ensure the chicken is well-cooked, insert a knife in the thickest part and cut three-quarters of the way through the middle.
Now we will discover all the ingredients and steps you need to do to make this delicious healthy meal.Print
This Delicious Asparagus Stuffed Chicken With Cheese Is the Perfect Meal For A Weeknight Dinner. It Is An Incredibly Easy Dish And Is Very Healthy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese (you can use more cheese slices if you want)
- 12 asparagus stalks, ends trimmed, divided
- a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for serving, optional
- First, start by preheating the oven to 400F.
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet on medium fire.
- Mix garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub olive oil on the chicken breasts and season them with the seasoning mixture.
- Stuff the chicken breasts with cheese and asparagus and secure them with toothpicks.
- Cook the chicken breasts on the skillet for 4 minutes until golden on both sides.
- Take the skillet, place it in the oven, and let the chicken cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Now remove the chicken from the oven, remove the toothpicks, let the chicken sit for 5 minutes, and enjoy your meal!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 301
Keywords: Asparagus Stuffed Chicken, Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast, chicken breasts recipe, stuffed chicken recipes