If you’re looking for healthy summer salads, you’ll love this chicken mango avocado salad recipe! Okay, so it may not be the most obvious choice for summer.
After all, mangoes aren’t exactly synonymous with sunshine. However, we promise that once you try this recipe, you’ll never want to eat it in the winter again! The combination of sweet mango and savory chicken is a match made in culinary heaven.
Besides being super delicious, this salad is also low in calories and loaded with nutrients like vitamins A and E and iron-rich red meat.
It contains various other essential vitamins and minerals, including thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, and folate.
So what are you waiting for? Read on to find out how you can make this chicken mango avocado salad at home!
How To Make Chicken Avocado Mango Salad:
You’ll need one pound or two medium chicken breasts. Cut those in half lengthwise. Now season both sides with garlic, salt, and black pepper.
Now place a large skillet over medium-high heat with two teaspoons of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken, and cook for about three minutes per side or until it’s cooked through.
The chicken is done when it reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit on an instant-read thermometer, and I’ll link to our favorite thermometer in the notes.
Transfer it to a cutting board and let it cool slightly while you make the rest of your salad.
For the base of this salad, we’re using one large head of romaine lettuce. Chop it up into bite-sized pieces and discard the core.
Then rinse and spin dry. You’ll end up with about six cups of chopped lettuce. And if you love salads, a salad spinner is a must-have tool in your kitchen. It saves so much time.
Transfer the lettuce to a large salad bowl, and we’re just going to layer on the rest of the ingredients.
The chicken is just about room temperature, so slice it into bite-sized strips and place it over the romaine lettuce.
My favorite ingredient in this salad is fresh mango, and I use the mango slicer to make it easy to cut.
If you love mangoes, you should get one. Also, The handy fruit scoop makes it easy to remove the mango from the skin.
Quickly dice up the mango and place it into the salad bowl.
Now my next favorite ingredient, and avocado. Remove the avocado pit. A ripe avocado is easy to peel and dice, and you don’t need special tools.
Transfer those to the salad bowl, and we’ll quickly finish up the rest of the salad ingredients. Thinly slice half of a small purple onion adds great flavor and color to the salad.
Next, slice and add half of an English cucumber or a large garden cucumber. We’ll also add half a cup of halved cherry tomatoes.
My favorite herb for this salad is cilantro because it adds an amazing, fresh flavor. You’ll need about a quarter cup of chopped, fresh cilantro.
Now just layer all of the ingredients over the salad. And an optional but nice touch at the end is adding some toasted, sliced almonds.
The salad is done, and we’re gonna make a quick homemade dressing to go with it.
In a small mason jar, combine half a cup of extra virgin olive oil, three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, two teaspoons of Dijon mustard, two teaspoons of honey, one minced clove of garlic, or about a teaspoon.
Season with a teaspoon of sea salt and a quarter of black pepper.
Cover that up and shake, shake, shake until it’s well-combined. And if you’re not serving it right away, give it a good shake before serving.
All right, all that’s left with this gorgeous salad is adding the dressing and tossing it together. I don’t usually use the full amount, which is good because you want leftovers of this dressing. It’s so good.
Just toss gently to combine, and ensure everything is coated in that amazing dressing.
How to Cut a Mango:
The easiest way to cut a mango is to use a sharp chef’s knife. Cut along the flat side of the mango, starting at one end and cutting toward the other.
You should be able to see through the skin of the mango as you cut. You will have to work slowly, as the mango is very slippery. If you cut too deep or twist or press down on the fruit while cutting, you will have a mess on your hands.
When cutting mangoes, I use a small spoon to remove any seeds that may be attached to the outside of the fruit. Seeds can be painful and don’t taste good in your smoothie!
If you’re not sure how ripe mango is, just squeeze it. It is ready for eating if it feels firm but has some give to it. If it feels soft and squishy, it must be ripened in an air-tight container on your kitchen counter for 2-3 days before eating (or use an underripe mango).Print
This Chicken Mango Avocado Salad is very tasty, healthy. loaded with juicy chicken, avocado, mango. Perfect for a busy weeknight!
Chicken Avocado Mango Salad Ingredients:
- 1 lb chicken breasts (2 medium)
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 cups romaine lettuce 1 head, rinsed, chopped, and spun dry
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 English cucumber sliced
- 1 mango pitted, peeled, and diced*
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1/2 small purple onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted, for topping
Honey Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 garlic clove 1 tsp minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
How to Make Chicken Mango Avocado Salad
- Cut chicken breast in half lengthwise, then season with garlic, salt, and pepper to taste and sautee in 2 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through (3 min per side). Remove from pan, cool for 5 minutes, then slice into strips against the grain.
- In a large salad bowl, add chopped romaine. Top with halved cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, diced mango and avocado, thinly sliced purple onion, and 1/4 cup cilantro (and yes, cilantro can be omitted if you have a cilantro aversion).
How to Make Honey Vinaigrette Dressing:
- Combine the Honey Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients in a mason jar, cover tightly with a lid, and shake together until well combined. You can also mix it up in a bowl and whisk thoroughly. If not using dressing right away, shake well just before serving. Drizzle the salad dressing over the chicken mango avocado salad, adding it to taste*
Source : Natashaskitchen
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner, lunch, Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 352
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 561
- Fat: 25
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 19
- Cholesterol: 48
Keywords: california chicken salad, chicken mango avocado salad, Grilled Chicken Avocado and Mango Salad, grilled chicken avocado salad, leftover chicken breast recipes, mango chicken