Delightful Shrimp Linguine: A Flavorful Dish for Any Occasion
Embark on a culinary journey with our delectable shrimp linguine recipe, perfect for any occasion. Master the art of combining savory shrimp and zesty lemon to create a memorable, restaurant-quality dish in your own kitchen.
How To Make Shrimp Linguine
Cooking the Linguine Pasta
Begin by cooking the linguine pasta in salted water, following the package directions for optimal results. While the pasta is cooking, you can start preparing the other components of the dish.
Creating the Savory Shrimp Mixture
In a large skillet over medium heat, combine 4 tablespoons of salted butter with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once the butter has fully melted and becomes slightly bubbly, add in 1 tablespoon of minced garlic. Stir the garlic briefly, allowing it to sauté for approximately one minute.
Next, introduce the 1 pound of shrimp to the skillet. The size of shrimp used is entirely up to you; however, larger shrimp are often more satisfying in this dish. Season the shrimp with salt and black pepper to your taste preferences. To add a subtle kick, incorporate 1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes into the mix. Cook the shrimp for about 2-3 minutes, but keep in mind that the cooking time will vary depending on the size of the shrimp. You don’t want them fully pink just yet.
Adding the Lemon Elements
As the shrimp are nearing completion, it’s time to introduce the lemon components to the dish. Add 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of lemon zest to the skillet, stirring everything together. Allow this mixture to cook for an additional minute before moving on to the next step.
Combining the Components
Once the pasta has reached the ideal al dente texture, reserve about 2 cups of the pasta water and drain the remaining liquid from the pasta. With the shrimp mixture still in the skillet, turn off the heat and grate in 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Add approximately 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley, followed by the thinly sliced and halved lemon pieces.
Now it’s time to unite the pasta with the shrimp mixture. Add the cooked linguine to the skillet, along with about 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water. Turn the heat back on to a gentle simmer, and toss everything together to coat the pasta evenly.
Allow the dish to simmer for a brief moment, letting the flavors meld and enhance each other, creating a harmonious and mouthwatering meal. And just like that, you have prepared a delectable shrimp linguine dish that is sure to impress your family and friends.
- Total Time: 30 minutes
This recipe is for a delicious and crowd-pleasing shrimp linguine dish with a tangy lemon flavor. The dish is easy to make and perfect for any occasion.
1 pound of linguine pasta
4 tablespoons of salted butter
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of lemon zest
1/2 a lemon, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Water for boiling pasta
- Cook linguine pasta in salted water according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons of salted butter with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once melted, add 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add 1 pound of shrimp to the skillet and season with salt, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes until shrimp is almost fully cooked.
- Add 1/4 cup of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of lemon zest to the skillet and toss with the shrimp. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Reserve 2 cups of pasta water and drain the cooked pasta.
- Turn off the heat and grate 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese into the skillet with the shrimp.
- Add in freshly chopped parsley and thinly sliced lemon. Then add the cooked pasta and 1/2 cup of pasta water. Toss to coat.
- Let the dish simmer for a moment to let the flavors come together. Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 28
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 869mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 59g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 31g
- Cholesterol: 206mg
Keywords: Shrimp Linguine