Easy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
Recently, Mexican food became famous around the world. It provides a variety of delicious and healthy dishes.
Mexican cuisine is known for its simplicity, but the benefits are amazing. Whenever you don’t have time, try providing ingredients in advance, and make an easy Mexican dish.
Have you ever heard of Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas?
This healthy, delicious dish is delicious. The ingredients are simple and not expensive, and the preparation of Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas is easy.
After reading, you will discover how to make an easy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas, what do you need to have as ingredients and some additional information about this tasty dish.
How To Make Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas?
The recipe for the Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas is characterized by the use of healthy ingredients with minimal fats, salts, and sugars.
It’s better not to use a ton of cheese. You can either use canned enchilada sauce or follow this recipe to make a 10 minutes home-made salsa verde.
The first step is preheating the oven to 400 degrees, then greasing the 9×13 baking dish with olive oil.
Combine the salsa verde with the greek yoghurt in a kitchen blender until the mixture is smooth.
In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high temperature and put the chicken in it. Season with pepper and sea salt, and cook the chicken until brown, it will take about 3 minutes per side to brown.
From the blender, pour the salsa verde over and around the chicken.
Cook the chicken through about 10 to 12 minutes. Then, remove the chicken from the sauce, and let the sauce and chicken cool.
Shred the chicken breasts with the forks, and move the shredded chicken to a large bowl.
Add a cup of Jack cheese, cilantro and half the chile Verde enchilada sauce you have on the pan, to the shredded chicken.
Combine everything and place the mixture in the centre of the tortillas, and roll up softly.
When you finish rolling the tortillas, arrange them in a pan. Coat them with olive oil if you want to prevent them from cracking in the oven.
Top with the remaining sauce and cheese, and put the pan in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
Finally, top with fresh cilantro and diced red onion.
Is it possible to use corn tortillas?
You can use whatever you want, but corn tortillas are better for Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas because they hold up better and have a good flavor.
Note that corn tortillas sometimes are dry and other times are chewy in enchiladas. Flour tortillas with minimally processed ingredients are difficult to find.
Brush the corn tortillas with olive oil in order to keep them from getting dry.
How to Reheat Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas.
Enchiladas can last for up to 4 days in the fridge if it’s stored properly.
You can reheat the Enchiladas in the microwave or on a low heat in the oven whenever you like.
Add the cheese on the top when you reheat, and bake to reheat instead of the microwave.
Can you Freeze Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas?
Yes, you can freeze the Enchiladas, but you need to follow some steps to prevent them from getting mushy when reheated.
The first thing is letting the enchiladas to cool before wrapping and placing them in the freezer entirely. Freezing the food when it’s still hot will form ice crystals on the surface, which causes the tortillas to become mushy when you reheat them.
It’s better to wrap the individual servings in plastic freezer wrap. After that, place the wrapped enchiladas into a freezer bag.
Do not add cheese on top when freezing the enchiladas. Cheese could be added only when you reheat.
Try to freeze the enchiladas quickly to prevent them from getting mushy. Baking to reheat is better than the microwave in this situation.
How long Enchiladas last?
Chicken enchiladas can be useful for 4-5 days if they are covered tightly in plastic wrap or stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
In case you smell a bad scent, toss the enchiladas away.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE CHECK THESE OUT!
Homemade Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Cheesy Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
Delicious Whole Slow Cooker Chicken
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Corn tortillas stuffed with chicken, sour cream, green chiles and cheese, make one of the best Mexican dishes a healthy and delicious dish ideal for any holiday or event.
The Salsa Verde
- 4 cups of Salsa Verde
- ½ cup of plain greek yoghurt
- 1 lb of chicken breasts – Boneless, Skinless.
- ¼ tablespoon of Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ tablespoon of sea salt
- 1 ⅓ cup of jack cheese, divided and shredded
- 10–12 7-inch of corn tortillas
- ⅓ cup of cilantro, chopped
- ¼ red onions, diced
- Set the oven to 400 degrees F, and grease a 9×13 baking dish with olive oil.
- Mix the greek yoghurt with the salsa verde in a kitchen blender until smooth.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium to high heat and add the chicken. Season with pepper and sea salt, and brown the chicken on both sides for 6 minutes total.
- Over and around the browned chicken, pour the salsa verde until the chicken is cooked, it takes 10 minutes, and remove the chicken from the sauce.
- Shred the chicken breasts with two forks, and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Add 1 cup of cilantro, jack cheese and half of the chilli Verde enchilada sauce to the shredded chicken.
- Stir and combine, then place filling in the centre of the tortillas. Roll up softly and arrange in a pan while the seam side down. To keep them from cracking, coat with olive oil lightly.
- Cover the tortillas with the remaining sauce and cheese. And put it into the oven to bake for 15 minutes, until bubbly.
- Top with diced red onion and fresh cilantro.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 417
Keywords: enchiladas chicken, green chile chicken enchiladas
★Stay In Touch On Facebook, Pinterest, And Instagram For More Easier Recipes★
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy here.