Making tacos isn’t that hard. There are a lot of varieties of tacos you can make.
Ground Turkey Tacos is one of these varieties. This delicious and flavorful doesn’t take a lot of time, which can be a good idea for a snack.
Throughout this article, you will discover how to make this tasty ground turkey tacos, and some useful tips and tricks.
How to Cook Ground Turkey for Tacos
The most crucial ingredient is ground turkey. Making it won’t take you so much time, and it is straightforward to prepare.
In a skillet, sauté the meat over medium-high heat until it becomes brown.
Then, add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, and the taco seasoning. Keep cooking and stirring until the excess liquid is evaporated.
WHAT SHOULD I MAKE WITH TURKEY TACO MEAT
If there is any ground turkey left after you made tacos, you can prepare other easy dishes with the meat.
A taco salad is a great choice to serve with the tacos you already have. To make it delicious, top the salad with chopped lettuce.
Another dish to make with taco meat is enchilada filling. Filling the enchiladas with cheese and turkey taco meat is flavorful, you should try it.
Can you FREEZE GROUND TURKEY TACO MEAT?
Once the meat is cooked and crisp, put it in the refrigerator for up to 6 days, or put it into a resealable freezer bag and freeze it for 2 months.
How to Serve Turkey Tacos
The best thing to serve turkey taco with is rice. A bowl of cauliflower could be even more impressive.
A salad is also a healthy choice if you want to eat well.
IS THIS RECIPE GLUTEN FREE?
If you make taco seasoning at home, the recipe is gluten-free. But, if you buy taco seasoning from the store, the recipe is no longer gluten-free.
It’s up to you to choose which taco seasoning you want.
LOOKING FOR MORE TACO RECIPES?Print
Healthy Turkey Tacos worth trying. Low carb, but delicious and flavorful. Ideal for any occasion or time.
- 1 Pound ground turkey
- 1 can ( 8 ounces) tomato sauce
- Corn tortillas
- 1 Teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning (( Homemade or store-bought))
- 1 onion Chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and ground black pepper ((fresh))
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the chopped onion and cook until soft.
- Add garlic, oregano and taco seasoning until fragrant.
- Add ground turkey and stir it while it’s cooking.
- When ground turkey is slightly pink, stir in vinegar, brown sugar and tomato sauce. Bring the mixture to simmer and cook for 4 minutes to become thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the filling on tortillas and serve with healthy avocado, scallions or tomato if you like.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
- Calories: 237
Keywords: ground turkey tacos
Save these Turkey Tacos to your “Main Dishes” Pinterest board!
And let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning tasty recipes!
Let Me Know In The Comments If You Enjoyed them.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy here.