- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning divided
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella divided
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Butterfly chicken breasts lengthwise and place into a lightly greased baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, egg, 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of sauce onto one-half of each chicken breast. Spread the ricotta mixture on top of the sauce and fold the chicken breasts to close.
- Drizzle the remaining 1 cup of marinara sauce over the chicken. Top with the remaining 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for 25-30 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Prep Time: 5 MINUTES
- Cook Time: 25 MINUTES
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 440
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 1161
- Fat: 24
- Saturated Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 45
- Cholesterol: 188
Keywords: Lasagna Stuffed Chicken