Easy Salmon Kebabs with Lemon, Garlic, and Fresh Herbs
Welcome to a delicious seafood recipe that will leave your taste buds wanting more. We present to you the Easy Salmon Kebabs with lemon, garlic, fresh herbs, and a creamy yogurt dipping sauce. These kebabs are tender, flaky, juicy, and perfectly seasoned, making them perfect for spring and summer time. What’s even better is that you can prepare them in the oven or on the grill.
How To Make Salmon Salmon Kabobs
Preparing the Salmon
To begin, you’ll need to remove the skin and cube the salmon into large chunks. Then, marinate the salmon in olive oil, lemon juice, lots of garlic, and skewer it with thinly sliced pieces of lemon. You can either toss these onto the grill or broil them in the oven.
The marinade for this seafood recipe is truly delectable, with lemon zest, lemon juice, and plenty of garlic. To create this marinade, you’ll need:
- Zest of 2 large lemons
- About 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed or grated
- 1/4 cup of avocado or olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons of pure maple syrup (or 2 teaspoons of honey)
- 1.5 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons of fresh dill or tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Mix all these ingredients, and your marinade is ready. Let the salmon marinate for at least 30 minutes, or even overnight for the best flavor absorption.
Creamy Garlicky Yogurt Dipping Sauce
While the salmon is marinating, you can prepare the yogurt dipping sauce. This sauce is garlicky and creamy, making it a perfect complement to the salmon. You’ll need:
- One cup of plain yogurt
- Three to four garlic cloves, pressed or grated
- Zest of one large lemon
- One tablespoon of fresh dill
- Fresh chives
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- A touch of olive oil
Mix all these ingredients together, and your dipping sauce is ready.
Assembling the Salmon Kebabs
After marinating the salmon, it’s time to assemble the kebabs. First, pre-soak your bamboo skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes to prevent them from burning. Then, thread the marinated salmon chunks and sliced lemon wedges onto the skewers.
Cooking the Kebabs
To cook the kebabs in the oven, preheat it to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and switch it to the broil setting. Place the kebabs on a wire rack on top of a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil the kebabs on high for about five to seven minutes per side, rotating as needed. The salmon should reach an internal temperature of 135 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit for a medium doneness. Alternatively, you can grill the kebabs according to the instructions on the website.
Serving the Easy Salmon Kebabs
Once the kebabs are cooked, serve them with a generous spoonful of the creamy garlicky yogurt sauce. These salmon kebabs are incredibly tender, flaky, and full of flavor. They make an excellent pairing with various side dishes, from rice to potatoes to salad.
Don’t miss out on this incredible salmon recipe that is perfect for any season. Enjoy these Easy Salmon Kebabs with Lemon, Garlic, and Fresh Herbs at your next gathering, and watch as they become an instant favorite.
Required Kitchen Tools and Equipment:
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Mixing bowls
- Garlic press or grater
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Pastry brush
- Bamboo skewers
- Large baking sheet with foil
- Wire rack
- Oven mitts
- Instant-read thermometer (optional)
Tips and Variations:
- You can use honey instead of maple syrup in the marinade if preferred.
- If you don’t have fresh dill, you can use fresh tarragon.
- To add more vegetables to your kebabs, you can skewer bell peppers, red onions, cherry tomatoes, or zucchini along with the salmon and lemon slices.
- If you prefer a spicier dipping sauce, you can add a dash of hot sauce or some red pepper flakes.
- You can substitute Greek yogurt for the plain yogurt to make a thicker dipping sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I use frozen salmon for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use frozen salmon. Just make sure to thaw it properly in the refrigerator and pat it dry before cutting and marinating.
Q: How long should I marinate the salmon?
A: You can marinate the salmon for as little as 30 minutes or up to overnight in the refrigerator for a stronger flavor.
Q: Can I use metal skewers instead of bamboo skewers?
A: Yes, you can use metal skewers. They don’t require soaking, and they can help cook the salmon more evenly due to their heat-conducting properties.
Q: How do I know when the salmon kebabs are done?
A: The salmon should be cooked to an internal temperature of 135-140°F for a medium doneness. You can also check for visual cues like a flaky texture and opaque color throughout.
Q: Can I cook these salmon kebabs on a grill instead of broiling them in the oven?
A: Yes, you can cook the salmon kebabs on a preheated grill for about 5-7 minutes per side or until they reach the desired doneness.
Easy Garlic & Lemon Salmon Kabobs (video)
- Total Time: 30 minutes
These tender and flavorful salmon kebabs are perfect for spring and summer, and can be made in the oven or on the grill. Served with a creamy yogurt dipping sauce, they are sure to become a family favorite.
2 lbs wild-caught salmon fillet
1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
1/4 cup lemon juice (from 2 large lemons)
Zest of 2 large lemons
6 garlic cloves, pressed or grated
1.5 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
1.5 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp fresh thyme
2 tbsp fresh dill or tarragon
2 tsp sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 large lemons, thinly sliced for skewering
Bamboo skewers, pre-soaked
For the yogurt dipping sauce:
1 cup plain yogurt
3–4 garlic cloves, pressed or grated
Zest of 1 large lemon
1 tbsp fresh dill
Fresh chives, chopped
Salt and black pepper, to taste
A drizzle of olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil or avocado oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, maple syrup or honey, Dijon mustard, fresh thyme, fresh dill or tarragon, sea salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create the marinade.
- Remove the skin from the salmon fillet, cut into large cubes, and place into the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°F, switching to the broil setting and arranging the oven rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top.
- Thread marinated salmon cubes onto soaked bamboo skewers, alternating with thinly sliced lemon wedges.
- Brush any leftover marinade onto the salmon skewers and broil on high for 5-7 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 135-140°F.
- For the yogurt dipping sauce, mix plain yogurt, garlic, lemon zest, fresh dill, chives, salt, black pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil in a bowl.
- Serve salmon kebabs with the yogurt dipping sauce and your choice of side dish.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Broil or Grill
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 450
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 700mg
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 40g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
Keywords: Lemon Garlic Salmon Kebabs