This mirror glaze is a super easy, shiny and fun recipe, made when pouring chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and gelatin over frozen cake.
- 1½ Cups | 300g Granulated Sugar
- ⅔ Cup | 200g Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ Cup + 1 Tablespoon | 150 ml Water
- 2 Tablespoons | 19g Gelatin Powder
- ½ Cup | 125 ml Water
- 2 Cups | 350g White Chocolate Chips
- Gel Food Coloring
- Frozen Cake
- Add sugar, sweetened condensed milk, and water to a medium-hot saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the water into the powdered gelatin and mix it with a spoon. Let it swell for a few minutes.
- When the sugar, sweetened condensed milk and water start to simmer, remove from the heat and add the swelled gelatin. Stir until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Pour the hot liquid over the chocolate chips and let them melt for 5 minutes.
- Stir the glaze with a whisk until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the food colouring gel and stir until everything is well mixed. Let the glaze cool down.
- Once the glaze has cooled to 37C | 90F pour it over the frozen cake which is on top of a cup sitting on a tray to catch the drips.
- Let the glaze last 15 minutes before removing the drips with a spatula.
- Put the cake in the fridge before serving and let it rest for a few hours.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Baking, Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mirror glaze, mirror glaze cake