Looking for a warm and comforting soup that’s easy to make on a busy weeknight? Look no further than this delicious One-Pan Lasagna Soup. Packed with rich, savory flavors and loaded with vegetables, this soup is sure to become a family favorite. Best of all, it’s all cooked in one pan, so clean-up is a breeze. With a total time of around 45 minutes, you’ll have a hearty and flavorful meal on the table in no time. So grab a spoon and get ready to savor the deliciousness!
How To Make One-Pan Lasagna Soup Recipe
Starting with the onions
To get started, add two tablespoons of olive oil to a large pan and heat it over medium heat. Add two peeled and chopped onions, and cook them for about five minutes, stirring often until they start to soften. Next, add one red bell pepper that’s been deseeded and chopped, plus four minced cloves of garlic. Give everything a good stir and cook for another minute.
Adding the mince
Now, it’s time to add the minced beef. We’re using 900 grams, which is just under two pounds, and adding half a teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Cook the mince for about five to six minutes, breaking up any large pieces as you go until it’s nicely browned.
Adding the extras
Once the mince is browned, add 10 small mushrooms that have been sliced, plus 120 ml, which is about half a cup, of red wine. Stir everything together and let it bubble for about three to four minutes. Next, add a liter, which is about 35 fluid ounces, of beef stock, plus two 400-gram or 14-ounce tins of finely chopped tomatoes. Add two tablespoons of tomato puree or paste if you’re in the US, a teaspoon of granulated sugar, and a tablespoon each of oregano and thyme. Mix everything together and let it come to a boil, then turn it down to simmer.
Adding the lasagna sheets
Now that the soup is simmering, it’s time to add the lasagna sheets. We’re using eight dried lasagna sheets, and we’re going to roughly break them up. Add about four lasagna sheets first, give it a good stir, and then add the remaining four sheets. Cook everything for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure the lasagna sheets don’t stick together.
Finishing off the soup
Once the lasagna sheets are cooked all the way through, add a good splash of cream to the soup. We’re adding 60 ml, which is about four tablespoons, of double or heavy cream. Give everything a good stir, then turn off the heat. Finally, add in 100 grams, which is about 3.5 ounces, of baby spinach leaves, which should wilt quickly.
Sprinkling on the cheese
To finish off the soup, sprinkle on 100 grams, or a packed cup, of grated mature cheddar cheese, plus 50 grams, which is about half a cup, of grated Parmesan. This will melt into the soup, providing a lovely cheesy topping. Sprinkle on a little chopped parsley to finish it off.
This delicious and hearty soup is perfect for warming up on a cold night. It’s a crowd-pleaser and perfect for freezing, so you can enjoy it anytime. We hope you enjoy making and eating this tasty lasagna soup.
This lasagna soup is a hearty and delicious one-pan meal that is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Packed with flavor from tomatoes, double cream, and cheese, as well as a variety of veggies, this soup is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 medium onions peeled and chopped
1 red bell pepper deseeded and chopped
4 cloves of garlic peeled and minced
900 g (2 lbs) minced (ground) beef
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
10 small mushrooms sliced
120 ml (½ cup) red wine (optional)
1 litre (4 cups + 2 tbsp) beef stock
2 x 400g (2 x 14 oz) tins chopped finely tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree (paste for USA)
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp dried thyme
8 dried lasagna sheets broken into approx. 2 inch squares
60 ml (4 tbsp) double (heavy) cream
100 g (3.5oz) fresh baby spinach
100 g (1 packed cup) grated mature cheddar cheese
50 g (½ cup) grated parmesan
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until they start to soften.
- Add the chopped red bell pepper and minced garlic to the pan, and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the minced beef to the pan, along with the salt and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes, breaking up any large pieces, until the beef is browned.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and red wine to the pan, stirring to combine. Allow to bubble for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beef stock, finely chopped tomatoes, tomato puree/paste, granulated sugar, oregano, and thyme to the pan. Mix everything together and allow to come to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add the broken-up lasagna sheets to the pan, stirring to combine. Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add the double/heavy cream to the pan and stir to combine. Turn off the heat.
- Add the baby spinach leaves to the pan and stir until they are wilted.
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar and Parmesan cheeses over the top of the soup. Let the cheese melt into the soup for a few minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped parsley.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American, British, Italian
- Serving Size: 8 servings
- Calories: 477 kcal
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 1044mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 34g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
Keywords: Any Time Of the year, hearty soup, Soup Ideas, Stoup