If you’re looking for an easy and delicious weeknight meal, you’ll love this 30 Minute One Pot Chicken Pasta recipe! It’s quick and easy to make, and the results are always amazing.
Plus, cleanup is a breeze thanks to the one-pot design.
So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!
How To Make One Pot Chicken and Pasta:
We start by heating a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium to high heat.
Then we will add a diced white onion into the pan and cook for 5 minutes, occasionally stirring, until the onion begins to soften.
Once those onions have softened, we’ll add the chicken I’ve chopped into bite-size pieces. We’ll add them to the pan.
Add a quarter of a teaspoon of salt and pepper, and then cook the chicken for about 3 to 5 minutes until it’s just sealed.
We add two cloves of minced garlic, a tablespoon of tomato puree, and red pepper that we’ve chopped into chunks and stir it all.
Now add 300 grams or three and a half cups of dried spiral pasta, then 2 400 grams or 14-ounce tins of chopped tomatoes, then 1/2 a teaspoon of oregano, and half a tablespoon of Worcester sauce.
Then we add in 300 mils or one and a quarter cups of chicken stock, then 120 mils or half a cup of full-fat milk.
Stir everything, bring it to a boil and turn it down to a gentle simmer cover with a lid and great foil and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, checking it occasionally until the kinds of pasta are cooked through.
Now we’re going to add in some sugar snap peas. We need 20 that we’ve chopped in half, so now we gonna add them to the pan.
It’s nice to add them right at the end, so they hit through, but they still retain the crunch.
Stir it, then top with 100 grams or a packed cup of grated mature cheddar cheese that goes under the grill for a couple of minutes until the cheese is melted, lovely, and golden.
Sprinkle with some chopped parsley, and you’re ready to serve.
Expert tips for the best One Pot Chicken Pasta:
One Pot Chicken Pasta is a quick, easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love.
The key to making the perfect One Pot Chicken Pasta is to use high-quality ingredients and to cook the pasta in chicken broth for added flavor.
Another tip is to cook the pasta al dente, so it doesn’t get mushy when reheated.
Lastly, add enough sauce, so the pasta is nice and coated.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to making the best One Pot Chicken Pasta ever.
What to serve with creamy chicken pasta:
There’s nothing better than coming home to a warm and delicious meal. That’s why serving the right things with your creamy chicken pasta is important.
Whether you want to go with a big salad, some bread, or some fruit, there are plenty of options.
One option is to serve a green salad on the side. This will help to balance out the richness of the pasta.
There are also plenty of different ways to serve your creamy chicken pasta. You can make it into a casserole or prepare individual portions.
If you’re feeling creative, you can combine some ingredients to form one large dish. The possibilities are endless!
The only thing that matters is that you end up with a tasty and satisfying meal. So be sure to choose your favorite options and enjoy every last bite!
How to store creamy pasta?
One Pot Chicken Pasta can be served immediately or stored in the fridge for later. If you are storing the pasta, we recommend adding a bit more broth to prevent it from drying.
This dish is great for storing, making it easy to pack a lunch and heat up at work or school.Print
This super quick and easy one-pot chicken pasta ready in 30 minutes or less! perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 large chicken breasts (cut into chunks)
- 1 Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree (usually gluten-free, but best to check if required)
- 1 red bell pepper (de-seeded and chopped)
- 4 1/2 cups (300g) dried pasta – such as spirally ((use a gluten-free variety if required))
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce ((usually gluten-free, but best to check if required))
- 28 oz (800g) tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) chicken stock (made from hot water from the kettle + 2 stock cubes (or 2 heaped tsp veg bouillon for gluten-free))
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk (half fat or full fat)
- 20 sugar snap peas/snow peas (roughly chopped)
- 1 packed cup (100g) mature/strong cheddar cheese (grated/shredded)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onions. Cook for 3 minutes on a medium-to-high heat until they start to turn translucent.
- Add chicken, salt and pepper. Cook for another 3 minutes until the chicken is sealed (it is not cooked in the middle at this time).
- Add garlic, tomato paste, and red peppers. Stir and add the pasta.
- Now add in the oregano, Worcestershire sauce, tins of tomatoes, stock and milk. Stir and bring to the boil, then turn down to a gentle simmer. Cover with a lid or some foil and simmer for 12-15 minutes (checking occasionally) until the pasta is cooked.
- Add the chopped sugar snap peas (it’s good to add them at the end so they’re hot but crispy),
- Sprinkle the pasta with cheese and place it under the grill for a few minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 580
- Sugar: 12
- Sodium: 665
- Fat: 16
- Saturated Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 74
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 33
- Cholesterol: 67
Keywords: lemon chicken pasta recipe, One Pot Chicken Pasta