Who doesn’t love tacos? Everyone loves tacos, and everyone loves taco soup, too. There are so many different variations of taco soup out there. You can have it with beef, chicken, or even vegetarian style.
Some people prefer it with different types of beans. You can put in diced red pepper, green pepper, sweet corn, or not whatever you like!
This taco soup recipe is so simple to make. It only requires 30 minutes from start to finish.
How to Make Taco Soup :
I call for seven different spices in this recipe to make a little taco seasoning.
If you don’t want to measure each individually, you can replace with a 1-ounce packet of taco seasoning.
Get a large pot heating on the stove over medium-high heat, and grab 1 pound of lean ground beef, 1 diced onion, and head on over to the stove.
Using lean ground beef prevents there from being too much grease, and you can either use a white or yellow onion for this.
Break this up and cook it for about 7 minutes until the beef is browned and the onions are soft.
At that point, if there’s any excess liquids or grease, you’ll want to drain that off, then add in about 3 cloves of minced garlic, and we’ll saute this for about 60 seconds.
Then start adding in all of our taco seasoning spices, starting with 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 2 teaspoons of paprika, one teaspoon of ground cumin, 1 teaspoon of onion powder, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, a teaspoon of salt, and last, 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
And mix this in and let those spices toast for about 30 seconds while we grab our other ingredients.
Then pour in 2 cups of chicken broth and 2 cups of beef broth. Nice little mixture.
Then add in two cans of fire-roasted diced tomatoes, you want those to be undrained, one can of pinto beans, and you’ll want to drain and rinse those ones, along with one can, one 15-ounce can of black beans.
The same thing, drain and rinse. You could use whatever kind of beans you like or leave them out entirely.
Last two ingredients, 7 ounces of diced green chilies and one cup of either frozen or canned corn.
Then stir it all together and bring it to a simmer.
Then let it simmer over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, and then you are ready to eat.
You can serve this soup up or add some toppings like shredded cheese, sour cream, sliced jalapenos, cilantro, or even some chips.Print
This taco soup recipe made with ground beef, tomatoes, corn, beans, and seasoning, it’s as delicious as it is easy to make in just 30 minutes! It’s a quick dinner or lunch that uses lots of pantry staples!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium white or yellow onion (chopped (about 1 cup chopped onion))
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 30 ounces diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 15 ounce can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 15 ounce can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 7 ounces diced green chilis
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Suggested Toppings for Serving:
- Sour Cream
- Shredded cheese
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add in ground beef and onion. Cook until beef is browned and onion is softened. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add in garlic and cook 60 seconds. Add in taco seasonings (chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne pepper). Stir and let the seasoning toast for about 30 seconds.
- Pour in chicken and beef broth, diced tomatoes, black beans, pinto beans, corn, and green chilis.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 15 to 25 minutes.
- Serve hot topped with any desired toppings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 299
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 1603
- Fat: 16
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 17
- Cholesterol: 53
Keywords: Taco soup