AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREAST
Are you looking for a quick, easy and delicious recipe for your air fryer? Look no further, as this air fryer chicken breast recipe is a must-try.
The juicy and tender chicken breasts are infused with a delicious blend of spices that include paprika, garlic powder, dried herbs, salt, and pepper. And the best part?
It’s virtually impossible to end up with overcooked and dry chicken when you follow this recipe.
HOW TO AIR FRY CHICKEN BREAST
To get started, you’ll need two boneless skinless chicken breasts of equal size. It’s important to get two chicken breasts of the same size to ensure even cooking.
Lightly pound the thick end of the chicken breast to flatten it slightly, but not to the point of smithereens, as this will result in dry chicken.
Drizzle two teaspoons of olive oil on the chicken and make sure it’s fully coated to help the seasonings stick.
For the seasonings, you’ll need half a teaspoon of paprika, a quarter teaspoon of garlic powder, a quarter teaspoon of dried thyme or other herbs, half a teaspoon of kosher salt and an eighth teaspoon of ground black pepper.
Stir the seasonings together, sprinkle it on the chicken breasts, and rub it in with your hands to ensure the chicken is well-coated.
If you have larger chicken breasts or would like more seasoning, you can always add more.
Add the chicken to your air fryer, with the smooth or presentation side down first.
Set the temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for about 10 minutes. The cooking time may vary depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
Cook for about seven minutes on the first side, flip and cook for an additional three minutes or more on the second side. This is also the side the chicken will rest on.
After the chicken is cooked through, transfer to a plate or cutting board and let it rest.
To ensure it’s fully cooked, you can insert an instant-read thermometer and aim for 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Air fryer chicken breasts are a perfect meal for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
It’s also a great option for hot summer days as it won’t heat up your whole house like oven-baked chicken.
The air fryer is also easy to clean, making this recipe an even more convenient option.Print
AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREAST
- Total Time: 15 mins
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon dried thyme, oregano, or other herbs
⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 (7-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- Pound the thick end of the chicken breasts slightly to flatten.
- Drizzle 2 teaspoons of olive oil on the chicken and make sure it’s fully coated.
- Stir together the paprika, garlic powder, dried thyme, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture on the chicken breasts and rub it in with your hands.
- Add the chicken to your air fryer with the smooth side down first.
- Set the temperature to 375°F and cook for about 10 minutes. Cook the chicken on the first side for 7 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes or more on the second side.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate or cutting board and let it rest.
- Ensure it’s fully cooked by inserting an instant-read thermometer and aim for 160°F.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Sodium: 812mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0.03g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 42g
- Cholesterol: 127mg
Keywords: air fryer chicken breast, air fryer chicken breast recipe