The Lemon Herb Baked Chicken Breasts is a super easy to make and super flavorful.
How To Make Creamy Lemon Herb Baked Chicken Breast:
To make perfectly juicy chicken breasts in the oven.
To start you’ll need 1/2 a cup of lemon juice and I like mine freshly squeezed.
cut the lemons in half and juice them until you have 1/2 cup.
It will take about 2 and 1/2 lemons to get to half a cup but that always varies just a little bit.
Now while you still have your lemons out you should also slice some.
We’re gonna place these slices on top of our chicken breasts while they bake so you want to slice them kind of thin. No need to cut them thick.
Next, we’re gonna make the rest of our marinade you can do this in a shallow dish but today I’m gonna use a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag.
So we’ll gonna pour our lemon juice into that bag along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Then you’ll need 2 teaspoons of lemon pepper, 1 teaspoon of dried basil, 1 teaspoon of dried oregano and about 1/4 teaspoon of salt Then we’re gonna add our 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts straight into the bag.
Then we’re gonna seal up our bag and we’re gonna switch this around so that everything gets mixed up and the chicken gets evenly coated.
You can let it marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours if you want to make it ahead.
When you’re ready to bake you’ll want to pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, then we’ll lightly grease a little baking dish with a little nonstick cooking spray and add our chicken breast Just lay them out in a single layer.
And a little food safety tip for you make sure you discard any extra marinade, don’t just drizzle it on the top.
Then we’re gonna lay those lemon slices that we sliced earlier right on top of our chicken breasts.
Then we’re gonna bake these in the 450-degree oven for about 18 to 20 minutes.
That high roasting level heat will produce a much juicier chicken breast so make sure you get that oven temperature up to 450 to and then the actual amount of time that it takes to cook chicken breast does vary based on the size and thickness of your chicken breasts.
They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes so you’ll want to use a meat thermometer to ensure 100% accuracy. You’re looking for an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Now our chicken should be just about cooked through but if you want a little browning on top what you’ll do is switch it to the broiler setting and let it broil until browned which will take about 2 to 3 minutes.
Then that’s it, you are ready to eat! If you want to add a little bit more colour you can garnish with some freshly chopped parsley.
This Creamy Lemon Herb Baked Chicken Breast is so easy, healthy and delicious. It's perfect for busy people or a new weeknight dinner!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large lemon (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley ((optional))
- Place the chicken breasts in a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag.
- Pour in the lemon juice, lemon pepper, olive oil, oregano, basil and salt.
- Shake it a little so that the whole chicken is covered.
- Let marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade and place it in a 9 × 13 pan.
- Discard the rest of the marinade, Place lemon slices on top.
- Cook the chicken for 18 to 20 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve hot, garnish with freshly chopped parsley (optional).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course, Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 210
Keywords: Baked Chicken Breast