Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
Introducing a mouthwatering and effortless dish that will quickly become a favorite in your kitchen: Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta.
This delectable meal is jam-packed with flavor, yet surprisingly simple to prepare.
Perfect for busy weeknights or special occasions, this pasta dish is sure to impress your friends and family with its delightful combination of tender chicken, al dente pasta, and a rich, creamy sauce with a Cajun kick.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to create this amazing dish, so let’s dive in and start cooking!
How To Make Cajun Chicken Pasta
Getting Started with the Pasta
To begin, you’ll want to get a pot of water to a rolling boil. Drop a little salt in there, and cook 1/2 pound of pasta until it’s al dente. Check the packaging for the exact timing; it should be around 7 minutes. Once cooked, drain the pasta and set it aside.
Preparing the Chicken
Start by butterflying a chicken breast and slicing it into two pieces. Drizzle the chicken with a bit of olive oil on both sides, making sure it is well-coated. Next, you’ll want to season the chicken properly. The list of seasonings you need can be found in the description box, so go ahead and be generous with the seasoning.
Cooking the Chicken
Heat a pan over medium to medium-high heat and add some oil. Place the chicken in the pan and cook each side for about 4.5 minutes. Once the chicken is fully cooked, set it aside.
Preparing the Sauce
In the same pan, add some chopped onion and cook it for about a minute. Then, add minced garlic and mix well. Pour in heavy cream and let it come up to a simmer. To season the sauce, add a bit of Cajun seasoning and mix it in. Next, add Parmesan cheese to the sauce, stirring it in and letting it simmer.
Combining the Ingredients
Now it’s time to reintroduce the pasta to the sauce. Add the cooked pasta and one of the cooked chicken breasts, which should be cubed, into the sauce. Save the other chicken breast to place on top of the dish later. Mix everything well to ensure the pasta is well-coated with the sauce.
Garnishing and Serving
Garnish the dish with a little bit of fresh parsley and mix it in. To serve, place the pasta and sauce mixture on a plate, and top it with the remaining chicken breast.
This Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is not only delicious but also easy to make. It’s sure to impress anyone you serve it to, and they’ll be asking for more. Give this recipe a try, and you’ll be amazed at how flavorful and satisfying it is.
Required Kitchen Tools and Equipment:
- Large pot for boiling pasta
- Colander for draining pasta
- Sharp knife for cutting chicken and vegetables
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Large skillet or frying pan
- Wooden spoon or spatula for stirring
- Tongs or spatula for flipping chicken
- Serving plates
Tips and Variations:
- You can use different types of pasta like penne, fettuccine, or linguine.
- Substitute shrimp or sausage for chicken if desired.
- Add bell peppers, mushrooms, or tomatoes for added vegetables and color.
- Adjust the heat level by using more or less Cajun seasoning.
- For a lighter version, substitute half-and-half or milk for the heavy cream, and add a bit of cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
- Top with extra Parmesan cheese and/or red pepper flakes for more flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can cook the chicken and sauce ahead of time and store them separately. When ready to serve, reheat the sauce, add the cooked pasta and chicken, and heat through.
Q: Can I use pre-made Cajun seasoning instead of making my own?
A: Absolutely, store-bought Cajun seasoning works just as well in this recipe. Just be mindful of the salt content and adjust accordingly.
Q: How can I make this recipe gluten-free?
A: Use gluten-free pasta and ensure your Cajun seasoning and other ingredients are gluten-free as well.
Q: Can I freeze this dish?
A: It is not recommended to freeze this dish, as the cream sauce may separate and the pasta may become mushy when thawed and reheated. However, you can freeze the cooked chicken separately for future use.
Q: Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
A: Yes, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs as a substitute for chicken breasts. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.Print
Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Total Time: 35 minutes
This delicious Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe is packed with flavor and so easy to make. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion, this dish is sure to impress your family and friends.
1/2 pound pasta
Salt, to taste
1 chicken breast
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Add salt and cook the pasta until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Butterfly the chicken breast and cut it into two pieces.
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil, and season generously with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat a pan to medium-high heat and cook the chicken for about 4.5 minutes on each side until fully cooked. Set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the chopped onion for about 1 minute. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Add more Cajun seasoning to taste.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese until well combined.
- Add the cooked pasta and one of the cooked chicken breasts, cubed, to the pan. Mix well.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve the pasta on a plate, topped with the remaining chicken breast.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Cajun
- Serving Size: 2 servings
- Calories: 710
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 500mg
- Fat: 38g
- Saturated Fat: 19g
- Unsaturated Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 38g
- Cholesterol: 145mg
Keywords: Cajun Chicken Pasta