Carrot cake is a classic dessert that is perfect for any occasion. It’s a cake that is super tender, moist, and infused with amazing spices, and is topped with creamy cream cheese frosting to bring all the wonderful flavors together. And as a bonus, this recipe uses way less sugar than the other typical recipes out there. If you’re looking for the best carrot cake with pineapple that you’ll ever make, then stay with me, and I’ll show you how easy it is to make this delicious carrot cake.
How To Make Carrot Cake with Pineapple
To make the perfect carrot cake, we need to start with the dry ingredients. In a bowl, mix 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and half a teaspoon of salt. Now it’s time to add some amazing spices that will add a subtle spice cake flavor without overpowering the carrot cake. Add 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, half a teaspoon of ginger, half a teaspoon of nutmeg, and half a teaspoon of clove. Mix everything well, and set it aside for a bit.
Now let’s move onto the wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix 2/3 cup of granulated sugar, 1 cup of brown sugar, a spoon of vanilla extract, 1 cup of oil of your choice, and 4 large eggs at room temperature. Mix everything well until it’s fully combined.
Mixing the Ingredients
Now it’s time to mix the dry and the wet ingredients. A tip for you is to never over mix the batter because that will avoid getting a hard and dense cake. Remember, less is more. Add 2 cups of shredded carrots, 1 cup of green crushed pineapple, 1 cup of chopped pecans, and half a cup of desiccated coconut. Fold everything together, and the batter is ready.
Baking the Cake
Since we have baking soda in our batter, we need to bake this right away. Butter a 9×13 inch pan and pour the batter into the pan. Bake at 350°F for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. What we want to do now is let the cake cool completely before we make the frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
For the cream cheese frosting, we’re going to use half a cup of butter at room temperature. Whisk it until it’s light and fluffy. Add 12 ounces of cream cheese that’s also at room temperature. Continue whisking until everything is well combined. Gradually add 1 cup of sifted powdered sugar and a splash of lemon juice to your taste. The cream cheese frosting is perfect to frost any carrot cake, and I just simply love the tiny touch that it has.
List of Required Kitchen Tools or Equipment:
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Whisk or electric mixer
- Rubber spatula
- 9×13 inch baking pan
- Cooling rack
Tips and Variations:
- Instead of using chopped pecans, you can use walnuts or almonds for a different texture and flavor.
- You can add raisins or dried cranberries to the batter for a sweeter taste and chewy texture.
- To make the frosting even creamier, you can add a tablespoon of heavy cream or milk.
- For a healthier version, you can substitute the all-purpose flour with almond flour or coconut flour, and use honey or maple syrup instead of granulated sugar.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I make this carrot cake ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can bake the cake in advance and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the cake for up to 1 month.
Q: Can I omit the pineapple from the recipe?
A: Yes, you can omit the pineapple if you prefer, but it adds moisture and sweetness to the cake.
Q: How do I know when the cake is done?
A: You can insert a toothpick in the center of the cake, and if it comes out clean, it means the cake is done.
Q: Can I use a different frosting instead of cream cheese frosting?
A: Yes, you can use a vanilla or buttercream frosting if you prefer, but cream cheese frosting is the traditional frosting for carrot cake.
Q: Can I use a different pan size?
A: Yes, you can use a round cake pan or a bundt pan, but adjust the baking time accordingly.
And there you have it, a delicious carrot cake with pineapple for you to make. This recipe is easy to follow, and you can make it in no time. It’s perfect for any occasion, and your family and friends will love it.Print
This recipe is for a delicious and moist carrot cake with pineapple and amazing spices, topped with a creamy cream cheese frosting. It uses less sugar than typical recipes, making it a healthier option
For the cake:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon clove
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup oil of your choice
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup crushed pineapple
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
For the frosting:
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1/4 cup lemon juice (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and clove. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, oil, and eggs until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the shredded carrots, crushed pineapple, chopped pecans, and desiccated coconut.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add the sifted powdered sugar and lemon juice to taste, and beat until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled cake and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 15 pieces
- Calories: 510 kcal
- Sugar: 43g
- Sodium: 300mg
- Fat: 33g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 85mg