Today i will you how to make Old Fashioned Orange Slice Oatmeal Cookies .
If you love those little orange candy slices then you are going to love this recipe These orange slice candies.
How To Make Orange Slice Oatmeal Cookie
You’ll need about 2 cups of orange slice candies diced, And you will need to cut mine into little tiny pieces.
These really shouldn’t be too hard to find, but if you can’t find them, you can always order them off of Amazon.
For the cookie dough, you’ll need 1 cup of softened butter along with 3/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of white granulated sugar.
We’re going to mix with a hand mixer.
You want to mix it for a good solid two minutes until the mixture is creamy.
Then, we’ll add in 2 large eggs and about one teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Then we’ll mix it, That only takes about 30 seconds to mix in.
Then we’ll add in 2 cups of all-purpose flour one teaspoon of baking soda one teaspoon of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and we’ll mix this in until just combined.
Then we’ll switch from our hand mixer to a spatula and add in our chopped up orange slices 2 cups of instant oats and 2 cups of shredded coconut flakes. Then we’ll stir this all.
Now once that’s all mixed, you’ll pinch off some of the dough and roll it into little 1 1/2 inch cookie balls.
Place it onto a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. This recipe makes about 36 cookies, so you’ll want to do 12 cookies to a tray for three trays total. Then we’re going to bake these in a 350-degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
We’re going to let these cool on the pan for about 5 minutes before removing, and then that’s it! You are ready to eat!Print
This Sweet Orange Slice Oatmeal Cookie is soft, wonderful. Easy desserts! Perfect for lunches at school and work.
- 1 cup salted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups orange slice candies diced
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat well until combined.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Cut the orange slices into small pieces. Fold into cookie dough along with oats and coconut flakes.
- Roll into 1 1/2 to 2-inch balls and place onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Cookies, Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 188
Keywords: Coconut Orange Slice Cookies, Orange Slice Oatmeal