Today we’re going to be making my savory crepe filling. It is a Chicken Florentine, and It’s a super simple recipe, and you’re going to love it.
This savory crepe filling recipe is enough for four people. It is super easy and only uses four ingredients, and it’s delicious. And you can make it sweet or savory.
How To Make Chicken Florentine Keto Crepe Filling
First, heat some avocado oil in the pan and turn the heat down a little bit.
Add onions sizzling and should cook up fast and add some mushrooms.
Cooking until onions cooked through since I used frozen onions, one of my favorite ingredients, these should take no time at all.
Add a little salt, and We don’t want to over-season right now because we’re going to use chicken broth, and that’s going to be salty.
You could choose to use low sodium chicken broth, but I never do.
Put some pepper, and I don’t know if there’s a better smell than mushrooms and onions cooking.
Mix all ingredients in your pan until cooked and add the chicken. I’m using boneless, skinless chicken thighs, and I dice them up into bite-sized pieces. Add a little more salt.
When chicken is cooked, add the spinach. You can use frozen spinach stir it around and let it thaw. Put it in a skillet and let the skillet melt it.
+ When spinach wilted, add some chicken broth and some heavy cream.
Add a quarter of a teaspoon of xanthan gum. That will help to bring all it together.
Let the pan boil, and the xanthan gum do its job and will be ready to go.
It looks fantastic and hot, and it’s perfectly seasoned — excellent, good, good. So if you’re not in the mood for crepes, you could add this on top of some cauliflower rice.
That would be good as well.Print
The Best Creamy Chicken Florentine Crepes with mushroom and spinach is delicious and makes in just 30 minutes. Perfect for dinner or brunch.
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado oil
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 Ounces Package frozen chopped spinach
- 8 Ounces Sliced Baby Bella mushrooms
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- 8 Crepes
- 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Cook the onions and mushrooms gently until they're tender (about 8 minutes).
- Add the chicken thighs and cook until the chicken cooked. It should take another 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until completely thawed.
- Add chicken stock, cream, and xanthan gum.
- Bring to a boil and stir until thick.
- Serve in your favorite pancake.
- If you follow the keto diet, you can use mine!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Dinner, lunch
- Cuisine: French
- Calories: 432
Keywords: Chicken Florentine, keto dinner recipe