We all have memories of our mother or grandmother serving us a delicious hot meal for dinner.
This classic recipe will take you back to your childhood days and give you a creamy satisfaction like no other.
Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings is a dish that consists of a chicken and vegetable soup base, loaded with biscuit dumplings.
This version makes use of the instant pot, which will soon become your most used appliance, as it is quick and easy to clean.
This recipe will now become your family’s favorite. It is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. It can be made with basic ingredients from your kitchen and will be ready at your dinner table in 30 minutes.
Try making it and you will not regret that decision!
When using the dumplings, make sure you separate them before adding them to the pot as they stick together. Instead of using canned biscuits, you can even make your dumplings from scratch.
You can use chicken breast with skin and bones for a deeper more delicious broth. Make sure you shred the chicken after it cooks for a boneless and skinless soup.
To master the use of your instant pot, refer to the manufacturer’s guide for features such as locking the lid and quick release.
For the onions and thyme, you can use them either fresh or dried.
As a substitute for whipped cream, you can use flour and water.
You can dice half of the onion and slice the other half for better texture.Print
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 cup Celery, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 8 refrigerated biscuits
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme dried
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup water
- Start with flattening out each biscuit with your fingers.
- You can also use a rolling pin. Each biscuit should be cut in 4 strips or even pieces of any shape you like. Set them aside.
- Place the olive oil, chicken, onion, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper into the instant pot and mix to coat.
- Turn your Instant Pot to the sauté setting, and allow the chicken to cook until brown on all sides while frequently stirring. Your onions will start becoming soft as well.
- Add carrots, celery, peas, and bay leaf into the pot, and mix well. Add the chicken broth and sauté for 3 minutes. You will need to scrub all the flavorful brown bits off the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in dumplings and allow cooking for 5 minutes on Manual. Then add whipped cream and Set instant pot to manual for 2 minutes.
- Once the time is up, allow the natural release cycle to finish. It should take around 10 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary. Then turn off the Instant Pot, by pressing the cancel button.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or hot chili powder and serve warm.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course, Soup
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 322
Keywords: chicken and dumplings, Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe, instant pot recipes