Instant Pot dishes are very popular nowadays. Cooking in an instant pot is very simple and easy. There are a lot of recipes, but in this article, we will cover the Instant Pot Chili Mac and Cheese.
This delicious and comfy dish will feed your whole family. The ingredients are healthy and natural, which makes it a better choice than fast food or junk food.
If you are looking for an easy and healthy dish, Instant Pot Chili Mac and Cheese is the right one for you and your family.
After reading this article, you will know how to cook Instant pot Chili Mac and Cheese professionally. We will also tell what the best cheese for Chili Mac and some pro tips to get things right is.
Note that preparing this dish won’t take a lot of your time. Just be patient, and everything will go well. Another thing to know is that you are not obliged to use the same ingredients mentioned here.
You can replace some of the ingredients if you don’t have them.
What’s The Best Cheese For Chili Mac And Cheese?
Instant pot chili mac and cheese cannot be prepared with any type of cheese. You need to get the right one to make a delicious dish.
Sharp Cheddar cheese is the most used with Chili Mac. Though its texture is hard, cheddar cheese melts easily when used with Chili Mac. It would also be great with Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese or Pepper Jack Cheese.
Can You Freeze Chili Mac And Cheese?
Is it possible to freeze Chili Mac and cheese?
Yes, of course. It’s very easy to freeze. In a freezer-safe container, seal the Chili Mac and cheese, and don’t forget to date and label the container.
It’s possible to freeze this dish for three months. When you want to eat, defrost the Chili Mac overnight in the refrigerator or use the microwave to defrost quickly.
This way, you can save time when you are busy.
The essential ingredients to make Instant Pot Chili Mac:
To make this tasty dish, you need some ingredients.
Most of the ingredients are familiar and easy to get from the market.
We recommend using fresh ingredients as much as possible.
● Ground Beef
● Cheddar cheese
● Beef broth
● Kidney beans
● Diced tomatoes
● Chili Powder
How To Make Instant Pot Chili Mac And Cheese:
This is the most important part. If you have never made a Chili mac, don’t worry. Preparing this tasty dish does not require high skills in cooking.
Follow the steps carefully and make a delicious Chili Mac and Cheese.
Begin by adding oil love to the instant pot and set the pot to Saute mode. Sauté the ground beef for 5 minutes until it becomes half brown.
After that, turn off the saute mode and add onion, garlic, celery, chili powder, cumin, salt & pepper, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, beef broth, and pasta.
Cook the whole mixture on high pressure, and set the timer to 5 minutes. When the 5 minutes pass, do a quick release of pressure.
The quick release usually takes about 15 minutes, then remove the lid and stir in green pepper and 1 cup of cheese.
Serve the Chili Mac in large bowls and top each bowl with the rest of the cheese. You can garnish with fresh parsley if you want.
Some useful tips for Chili mac and cheese:
- If you don’t like ground beef, you can instead use ground turkey. Ground turkey has less fat than ground beef, which may be ideal for people who want to lose weight.
- Are you a vegetarian or a fan of veggies? Add a cup of frozen corn kernels, sliced zucchini, or extra bell pepper to the chili mac.
- Do you want a spicy hot chili mac? Cayenne pepper is the right choice for you, or chop up a jalapeno pepper and mix it with bell pepper, then add the mixture to the pasta.
- For people who don’t like kidney beans, it is possible to use black beans, white beans, or even not use the beans at all.
- The chili mac could be served with Reesy Rolls. Flaky buttermilk biscuits are also good. A fresh Spinach Salad is an easy and healthy dish to serve alongside the chili mac.
Chili mac and cheese is a great dish for any event or situation. If you have family or friends coming in town on holidays, think of preparing a chili mac for them, they will surely like it.
Comfy food like this could be suitable for winter. The best thing is that you don’t need to be an expert in cooking to make chili mac. We hope you like this recipe.
Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Be sure to try these too:Print
Instant Pot Chili Mac and Cheese is the right one for you. The ingredients are healthy and natural, which makes it a better choice than junk food.
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 lb dried macaroni pasta
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- ½ tablespoon each of salt & pepper
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes (796ml)
- Put olive oil in the instant pot and set the pot on sauté mode. Saute the ground beef for 5 minutes until it’s browned.
- Turn off saute mode and put the onion, celery, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt & pepper, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, beef broth, and the pasta in the instant pot.
- On high pressure, cook for 5 minutes and do a quick pressure release.
- Remove the lid and stir in 1 cup of cheese and green pepper.
- In large bowls, serve the chili mac and top it with the rest of the cheese.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Entree, Main Course
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Chili Mac And Cheese