Creamy Instant Pot Tomato Soup Recipe
Food is what gathers us, happy moments are real when they are shared, and that’s why food exists. All from barbecues in the back yard or a fancy dinner in the dining room, it’s always good to have some Soup in your menu.
A tomato soup is the easiest and a very delicious one too. Easy to make, quickly, and full of flavors. And of course either you were a vegetarian or a meat lover, this soup is the thing for both, and it’s going to add joy to your table for sure.
In order to make things easier, the instant pot is here, always fast and very practical. All you have to do is collect the ingredients and you are ready to go.
So either you are in a hurry or just having the desire for a quick soup, an instant pot tomato soup is what you are looking for. So if this is what you are looking for my dear friend, all you have to do is scroll down and read to the end.
How To Make Creamy Tomato Soup In The Instant Pot :
Before we go any further in the making of the soup, you have to keep in mind that no matter what method you use or tools, the creamy tomato soup is a good one, it has to be, hands down my friends.
– Okay, time for the show. The very first thing to do is let your instant pot to warm up a bit, in the other side wash your veggies (chop on whatever size you want but the smaller the better for the texture of the soup), once the pot is heated add some olive oil or any other oil you comfortable with.
– The next step now is to add your vegetables to the pot (one by one, all starting with tomatoes and so on), ones it’s done, stir occasionally, until vegetables start to soften and sweat.
– This first step adds lots of natural amazing flavor to your dish. But yet, some seasoning is always great, add salt, freshly ground black pepper and some garlic powder, you can even add a little bit of dried oregano for a special taste and flavor, once you did all this you stir again for one minute so the spices mix with the vegetables.
– Let everything to mix, now add vegetable stock and some tomato paste (for the color and the flavor), as all we know the stock gives the soup a better texture and a great test, when it’s mixed gives us a wonderfully tasty soup.
– After you did all that you seal the instant pot and let the magic happen (cook for about 12 to 15 mins).
– Once it’s all done, you release the pressure from the instant pot (about 5-10 mins before you start to blend), uncover and add to soup 2 tsp of butter and 1 tsp sugar to reduce acidity (honey if you are not a big fan of sugar). Use an immersion blender directly in the pot, keep on blending until it’s smooth.
As the last step to do in order to get that creamy instant pot tomato soup, one ingredient that will take your soup to next level offering you that amazing taste and of course the amazing texture is the heavy whipping cream.
Yes my friend, if you want your soup to be creamy and amazing you gotta add the cream at the end and let it stir for 2- mins before you serve. Now that your soup is ready, divide between bowls, and serve with some roasted garlic bread.
One final tip when you adding tomatoes, you’ll have the choice between fresh and canned ones, both are good, but for a better taste, it’s always good to use the fresh ones.Print
Creamy instant pot tomato soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup carrots , chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt (( depending on your taste ))
- 1 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water ( if the stock isn’t available)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
HUNGRY FOR MORE?
Golden Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
The Perfect Instant Pot Chana Masala
Instant Pot Corned Beef And Cabbage
Instant pot chicken Tikka Masala