There is no one in the world who doesn’t love cheeseburgers, and there is no one in the world who doesn’t love pasta. So, I thought about combining the two.
After all, what could be the worst that would happen?
I either end up with an amazing new recipe, or I eat cheeseburger and pasta and I’m happy. And surprise surprise, the recipe worked!
So, keep on reading to learn how to make an amazing and easy one pot cheeseburger pasta for when you’re too lazy to use two pots!
How to make one-pot cheeseburger pasta?
If you too are too busy to go all out every night for dinner, this one-pot cheeseburger pasta is going to be your saviour.
This recipe gives you the opportunity to dazzle your family and friends with amazing food without having to break your back while making it.
This quick and easy recipe gives you the opportunity to eat well without having to do a ton of dishes after. Like I said, a life saviour!
So, this is what you need: 500 grams of lean beef, one onion, two fresh tomatoes (if you don’t want to use fresh tomatoes, chopped tinned tomatoes are also an option), two tablespoons of tomato puree, one teaspoon of paprika, half a teaspoon of onion powder, half a teaspoon of garlic powder, half a teaspoon of mustard powder, a pinch of salt, a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, one tablespoon of sweetener, 960 ml of chicken stock, two to three tablespoons of chopped pickles, 120 grams of cheese, and fresh chopped Italian parsley.
Take a small bowl, and in it add the paprika, the garlic, the onion, and mustard. Mix this thoroughly and set it aside. Heat up a large frying pan over high heat, add your chopped onions and cook them until they’ve browned.
Add your beef to the onions, and let everything cook until the meat has browned, then add your spices.
Add your tomatoes, some sweetener, and your tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce. mix it all, then add your chicken stock and your pasta (any pasta you want to use), cover your pan and let everything simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Once your one-pot cheeseburger pasta has cooked, add your cheese and the pickles, and then some Italian seasoning to taste. Garnish with parsley and dig in!
Okay, let me tell you why you should make this like yesterday!
- It’s easy-peasy.
- It’s made in one pot, what could be easier?
- It’s a ton of food for very few calories, and it’s healthy!
- It’s cheeseburger-ey heaven.
- It’s just plain delicious.
- It makes for perfect meal prep because it reheats deliciously!
Tips on how to make one-pot cheeseburger pasta
- Different pasta brands may require more or less liquid to cook and you might need to adjust accordingly.
- If the pasta is just about done and the sauce is still too liquid, remove the lid and continue to cook uncovered to allow evaporation. Another way to help thicken the sauce is to add more cheese!
- If the pasta looks dry, add water, broth or tomato juice in 1/2 cup increments until you reach desired consistency.
- The pasta will continue to thicken as it sits so you might want to take it off the heat a little looser than you like.
- Love bacon cheeseburgers? Enjoy the same flavors in pasta form by tossing in crisp bacon crumbles when ready to serve!
Best pasta for hamburger casserole
- Elbow Macaroni most closely resembles the Hamburger Helper that we all know and love.
- Rotini or Mini Shells would also work well.
Elbow macaroni takes about 7 minutes to reach the al dente point when it’s at a strong boil, so check the instructions if you switch up the pasta to get an idea of how you may need to adjust the cooking time.
As we all know, you just can’t have a cheeseburger without some pickles. Pickles are also a staple in this dish, because not only are they amazingly delicious, they also add a zest of flavor and sourness to an already great dish, which makes it even better.
Of course, this is not a rule that you can’t change. If you don’t like pickles, then by all means, take them out. Sometimes, you have to tweak a recipe to your tastes, so you can get the best results.
What kitchen items do I need to make this one-pot cheeseburger pasta?
This recipe does not need a lot of dishes, but you will still use a few items to make it. To make a one-pot cheeseburger pasta, you will need:
- Non-Stick Frying Pan
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
This pasta dish combines two of our favorite things, burgers and cheese. Made in one pot, simple and delicious, this one pot cheeseburger pasta is bound to be the star of your future dinners.
- 455g (1lb) of extra lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbs of tomato paste
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of mustard powder
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1/2 tbs of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs of sukrin gold ((or another sweetener of choice))
- 300g (10.5oz) of uncooked penne pasta ((or other pasta of choice))
- 4 cups (960ml) of chicken stock
- 2–3 tbs of chopped pickles.
- 120g (4oz) of cheddar (reserve a little for sprinkling on top once cooked)
- fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Spray oil
- In a small bowl, mix the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, and the salt and black pepper.
- Spray your frying pan with spray oil and let it heat over medium high flame.
- Add your ground beef and onions to the pan and let them cook until brown.
- Add the spices, tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and your sweetener and mix to coat.
- Stir in your pasta of choice, add your chicken stock, and bring to a boil.
- Cover your pan and let everything simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add your chopped pickles and cheddar and stir until the sauce coats everything in the pan.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and the rest of the cheddar.
- Enjoy with the salad on the side.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Calories: 569