Golden Potatoes in Tomato Sauce Recipe: Easy and Delicious
Immerse yourself in a captivating culinary journey where simple, yet profound ingredients are woven into an irresistible gastronomic masterpiece: golden potatoes bathed in a tangy tomato sauce.
The Beginning: Potato Preparation (1 kg)
The first step in our gastronomic journey involves potatoes. Weighing 1 kg, these golden delights undergo a hearty boil, thereby not only softening them, but also preparing them for absorbing the upcoming medley of flavors.
The Magic of Onions (1 Onion)
Our flavor journey continues with the addition of one finely chopped onion. Fried to perfection in a pan glossed with 3 tbsp of olive oil, the onion starts imparting its signature sweet tones, setting the stage for a flavor-packed dish.
The Vibrancy of Green Bell Pepper (1 Bell Pepper)
The aroma in the pan elevates as we introduce a freshly chopped green bell pepper. The sweet and slightly tangy undertones of the bell pepper, combined with the already caramelizing onion, lay the foundation for a captivating taste profile.
The Boldness of Garlic (3 Cloves)
Three cloves of garlic join the pan, offering their uniquely bold, flavor-packed punch. Concurrently, we introduce a combination of olive oil and 30 g of butter in a larger pan, paving the way for our boiled potatoes to transform into their golden, crispy form.
The Infusion of Carrot (1 Carrot)
The culinary canvas further develops as we introduce a carrot. Skillfully grated straight into the pan, the carrot not only brings its earthy sweetness to the mix but also beautifully complements the garlic.
Tomato Intrigue (1 Tomato)
While the carrots and garlic meld in the larger pan, our attention returns to our sauce. One fresh tomato, chopped into ideal slices, dives into the pan with the onions and bell pepper. This addition introduces a delightful tang, perfecting the balance of flavors.
Seasoning: The Soul of the Dish (Salt and Black Pepper)
Every exquisite dish is incomplete without its seasonings. Our dish receives a sprinkle of salt and a dash of black pepper, the perfect duo to enhance the natural flavors and add a spicy kick. This seasoning, once absorbed, guarantees to delight the palate with every bite.
Parsley: A Fresh Garnish (Parsley)
While the potatoes acquire their irresistible golden crust, we turn our focus towards our garnish. Fresh parsley, finely chopped, is poised to add a fresh, herbal note to our rich and savory potato dish.
The Parmesan Effect (Parmesan)
We introduce a touch of Parmesan to the ensemble. This classic Italian cheese, with its rich, nutty flavor, elevates our dish, infusing a creamy, tangy contrast that harmoniously complements our potatoes.
The Grand Unification
Having prepared all the ingredients, it’s time to bring this delicious creation together. The crispy, golden potatoes are neatly plated, then adorned with the tangy tomato sauce, garnished with parsley, and sprinkled with Parmesan.
Join the culinary adventure at Asya Recipes and be the first to know about new exciting creations by subscribing and hitting the bell icon. Keep cooking, exploring, and above all, savoring these delectable journeys!
Recipe Tips and Variations:
- Spiciness: If you prefer your potatoes with a kick, you can add some red pepper flakes or chopped chili pepper when you add the bell pepper and onion to the pan.
- Cheese options: Instead of Parmesan, try using other types of hard cheese such as Pecorino Romano or Asiago for a different flavor profile.
- Herbs: Experiment with different herbs for garnish. Fresh rosemary or thyme can offer a more robust, earthy flavor compared to parsley.
- Vegan: Make it vegan by skipping the butter and Parmesan, you can substitute with vegan margarine and nutritional yeast or vegan cheese respectively.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I use other types of potatoes for this recipe?
- Yes, you can use any kind of potato. The cooking time might vary slightly based on the type and size of the potato.
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- Yes, you can pre-cook the potatoes and keep them in the refrigerator. However, they are best served immediately after cooking to maintain their crispy texture.
- What can I serve this dish with?
- This dish goes well with any kind of protein like chicken, fish, or beef. It’s also a great side for vegetarian dishes.
- Is it possible to make this dish without frying?
- If you prefer not to fry the potatoes, you can roast them in the oven after boiling. However, they might not get as crispy.
- Can I use canned tomatoes instead of fresh ones?
- Yes, you can use canned tomatoes. Just drain them well before adding them to the pan.
- Can I add more vegetables to this dish?
- Absolutely, you can add other vegetables like zucchini, eggplant, or corn to make the dish even more nutritious.
Required Kitchen Tools and Equipment:
- Large pot for boiling
- Sharp knife for chopping
- Cutting board
- Large pan for frying
- Wooden spoon or spatula for stirring
- Grater for the carrot
- Serving plate
- Cheese grater for Parmesan
Golden Potatoes in Tomato Sauce Recipe
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Diet: Vegetarian
This delightful dish makes the most of golden potatoes, giving them a crispy exterior and a soft flavorful inside, all beautifully complemented by a tangy tomato sauce. The fresh ingredients and simple method result in a recipe that is both satisfying and suitable for most dietary requirements.
1 kg or 2.2 lbs of Potatoes
Water, for boiling
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Green Bell Pepper
3 cloves of Garlic
Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
Fresh Parsley, for garnish
Parmesan Cheese, for garnish
- Begin by boiling the potatoes in a pot of water until they are tender. This not only softens them but also allows them to absorb flavors better.
- While the potatoes are boiling, chop up the onion and green bell pepper, and fry them in a pan with the olive oil.
- Add the minced garlic to the pan, followed by the butter.
- Peel and grate a carrot directly into the pan, frying the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sliced tomatoes to the pan with the onions and bell peppers, stirring them in to add a delightful tanginess to the mix.
- Season the mixture with a sprinkle of salt and black pepper.
- When the potatoes are done boiling, drain them, cut them in half, and add them to a larger pan with olive oil and butter.
- Season the potatoes with salt and black pepper, and let them crisp up.
- Prepare the garnish by finely chopping fresh parsley and grating some parmesan cheese.
- Arrange the crispy potatoes on a plate, garnish with the parsley and cheese, and serve with the tomato sauce.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 4 servings
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 500mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 20mg