Salmon stew or Salmon Chowder, is a Brazilian dish from Bahia. The fresh ingredients used to prepare this meal make it the favorite among seafood lovers.
This rich and fragrant dish could be prepared in a lot of different ways, which provide you with a lot of freedom and options.
The original Salmon stew, from Brazil, is not creamy and requires palm oil. What you are going to prepare is the Northwest Salmon Chowder.
The differences between the Salmon stew of Bahia and the Northwest Salmon stew are few. However, both dishes are delicious and comfortable for the family.
This dish is one of the easiest meals to prepare for dinner or lunch. All the ingredients are available in the grocery store. The most important is looking for fresh ingredients.
Though you may not live in Bahia, the home of Salmon stew, and you don’t have fresh ingredients like in Brazil, it’s possible to make Salmon stew like the Brazilian in Bahia.
How To Make Salmon Stew
To make this healthy delicious meal, you need to have some ingredients. It’s recommended that the ingredients should be fresh as much as possible.
All the ingredients are natural, there is no need to worry about any health problems related to Salmon Stew.
We hope you like this delicious dish.Print
This Salmon Stew is delicious, creamy, healthy. It's the perfect choice for busy nights, these quick food recipes will be ready in 20 minutes or less!
- ½ lb of fresh salmon, cut into small pieces
- 2 table-spoons of natural olive oil
- 1 small sliced white onion
- 2 sliced cloves of Garlic
- 8 oz of tomato sauce, preferably made at home
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk, full of healthy fat
- ½ whole red bell pepper, round slices
- ½ whole yellow bell pepper, round slices
- ½ Table-spoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch of sea salt and pepper for the taste
- 1 fresh cilantro or parsley
If you never cooked Salmon stew, there is no problem, we’ve got everything you need to make this delicious meal. Just follow the instructions, and you will get good results.
- The first step is heating the oil in a cast iron skillet and add in onion and garlic. Keep sauteing the two ingredients until fragrant for 2-3 minutes
- Add the tomato sauce and coconut milk while stirring quickly. Let the mixture simmer for 3 minutes
- Slice the bell pepper and let it for the moment
- Put the salmon pieces in the cast iron, and make sure the broth surrounds the salmon
- On the top, put the bell peppers and season to taste. If you want to cover the skillet it’s fine, but it’s not essential. Cook the whole thing for a period of 10 minutes, and turn the salmon carefully
- The last part is adding the fresh cilantro or the parsley, and cook the salmon for another 5 minutes until the salmon is cooked
- Salmon stew is usually served with white rice
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course, Seafood
- Cuisine: Brazilian
Keywords: Fish Stew, Salmon Chowder, Salmon stew
Thanks for stopping by. Let’s connect!