Do you love pizza? Do you love dip? Then you will LOVE this Cheesy Baked Pizza Dip recipe!
It is the perfect appetizer for your next party or get-together. This dip is easy to make, and it tastes amazing!
You will be tempted to eat the whole thing yourself! So, what are you waiting for? Try this delicious dip today!
How To Make Baked Pizza Dip
To start, you’ll need 16 ounces or two bricks of softened cream cheese, 1/3 of a cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, and more later.
You’ll also need 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder if you like a little kick 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Mix it all.
You want to whip that until it’s light, fluffy, and easy to spread. You want to whip it well.
Then spread it into the bottom of a 9-inch cast-iron skillet, or you can use a pie plate or a little casserole dish.
It doesn’t matter as long as it’s safe to go in the oven. Then drizzle on 1 cup of pizza sauce or marinara.
Pizza sauce is a little thicker and spread that out on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Then sprinkle on 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese because I love that sharpness of the cheddar, and I told you we’d used more mozzarella, so sprinkle on another cup of mozzarella on top.
Last it’s time for toppings. You can add any toppings you want. Anything you’d add to a pizza.
You can use pepperoni, and you can either use mini pepperonis or the big ones.
You could also add onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, sausage, and all that good stuff, but I like mine simple and stick with classic pepperoni.
We’re ready to bake it in a 375-degree oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
What to Serve with Pizza Dip
Here are some of our favorite pairings:
- Pizza and breadsticks: This classic combo is always a hit. Serve the breadsticks alongside the dip for dipping, or use them to scoop up the sauce and toppings.
- Pizza and crackers: Crackers are a lighter option that is perfect for scooping up the rich and cheesy dip. Choose a variety of crackers to offer guests, such as Wheat Thins, Ritz crackers, or pita chips.
- Pizza and veggies: For a healthier option, serve the dip with an assortment of fresh vegetables. Carrot sticks, celery sticks, and cherry tomatoes are all great choices. Guests can enjoy the dip sans guilt!
No matter what you serve with it, pizza dip is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. So next time you’re looking for an easy and delicious meal option, give it a try!
This Creamy Baked Pizza Dip is loaded gooey cheese, marinara sauce and lots of pepperonis. it’s an easy and fun appetizer!
- 16 oz cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup pizza/marinara sauce
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces pepperoni
- Baguette slices, crackers, or chips for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375F. Set aside a 9-inch cast-iron skillet, 9×9 baking dish, 2 1/2 quart casserole dish or 9-inch pie plate.
- Combine the softened cream cheese, 1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese, parmesan, garlic powder and chopped red pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix well until everything is well mixed.
- Spread evenly into the bottom of the ungreased baking dish making sure to press mixture up against the sides of the pan.
- Spread marinara sauce evenly on top of the cream cheese mixture. Cover with remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese. Top with pepperonis.
- Bake in the 375F degree oven for 25-30 minutes until hot and bubbly and cheese starts to brown.
- Serve while hot, crispy baguette bites, crackers, and corn chips are all great dipping options!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Pizza
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 567
- Fat: 28
- Saturated Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Protein: 11
- Cholesterol: 93
Keywords: Pizza Dip