Prepare to take your snacking game to the next level with this delectable 7-layer dip, a perfect combination of creaminess, crunch, and an explosion of flavors. Ideal for parties, movie nights, or any time you crave a delicious snack.
Satisfying and Flavorful Ingredients
The foundation of this mouth-watering dip comprises the following ingredients:
- 32 ounces of refried beans (seasoned)
- 2 cups of guacamole
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 2 cups of salsa
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Sliced green onions
- Sliced olives
Feel free to customize the dip with your favorite ingredients, because the food you eat should be something you love.
Assembling the Layers
1. Seasoned Refried Beans
Begin by seasoning the 32 ounces of refried beans with 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Mix well, and if the beans seem dry, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water or chicken broth. Place the seasoned beans at the bottom of a 3-quart casserole dish, spreading them evenly from edge to edge.
2. Luscious Guacamole
Spread the guacamole evenly over the bean layer. This layer helps seal the guacamole, preventing oxidation and browning.
3. Creamy Sour Cream
Layer the sour cream on top of the guacamole, ensuring an even distribution.
4. Flavorful Salsa
Pour the salsa over the sour cream layer and spread it evenly. Opt for jarred salsa rather than fresh, as it is less juicy and better suited for this dip.
5. Cheesy Delight
Choose your preferred cheese for this layer, such as cheddar or pepper jack, and spread it uniformly across the salsa layer.
6. Olive Extravaganza
Add a layer of sliced olives, adjusting the quantity to your preference.
7. Green Onion Finale
Complete the dip with a layer of sliced green onions.
Remember, you can always personalize the dip by adding more layers or experimenting with different ingredients.
The Perfect Snacking Experience
Serve this irresistible 7-layer dip with chips and watch it vanish in no time. Enjoy the rich combination of flavors that will make your taste buds dance.
Required Kitchen Tools and Equipment:
- 3-quart casserole dish
- Mixing bowl
- Spatula or spoon for spreading layers
- Knife for slicing olives and green onions
- Measuring cups and spoons
Tips and Variations:
- Customize your layers: Feel free to add or remove layers according to your preferences. Some additional layer ideas include cooked and seasoned ground beef, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, or chopped cilantro.
- Make it spicy: If you love heat, try adding a layer of chopped jalapeños, or use a spicy salsa or guacamole.
- Choose your cheese: Experiment with different types of shredded cheese, such as pepper jack, Colby-Jack, or Monterey Jack, to change up the flavor profile.
- Make it vegetarian: If using store-bought refried beans, ensure they are vegetarian-friendly. You can also use vegetarian ground meat substitutes for added protein.
- Use homemade ingredients: Make your own refried beans, guacamole, or salsa for a fresher, more authentic taste.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I make this 7 layer dip ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can prepare the dip a day in advance. Assemble the layers, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving to allow it to come to room temperature.
Q: How long does this 7 layer dip last in the refrigerator?
A: Stored properly in an airtight container, the dip should last 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Q: Can I freeze the 7 layer dip?
A: Freezing is not recommended, as the texture of some layers, particularly the sour cream and guacamole, may become compromised upon thawing.
Q: Can I substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream?
A: Yes, you can substitute an equal amount of plain Greek yogurt for sour cream to create a healthier option with a similar taste and texture.
Q: Can I use store-bought guacamole instead of homemade?
A: Yes, you can use store-bought guacamole if you prefer, or if you’re short on time. Just ensure it is fresh and of good quality for the best flavor.Print
This delicious 7 layer dip is perfect for parties, movie nights, or anytime you’re feeling snacky. With a combination of creaminess, crunch, and flavor, this dip is sure to make your taste buds dance.
32 ounces refried beans
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1–2 tablespoons water or chicken broth (optional)
2 cups guacamole (Rachel’s amazing recipe)
2 cups sour cream
2 cups salsa (jarred, not too juicy)
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar or pepper jack recommended)
Sliced green onions (to taste)
Sliced olives (to taste)
- In a bowl, combine the refried beans with salt, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Mix well. If the beans are too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of water or chicken broth.
- Spread the seasoned beans evenly on the bottom of a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Spread the guacamole evenly on top of the bean layer.
- Spread the sour cream evenly on top of the guacamole layer.
- Spread the salsa evenly on top of the sour cream layer.
- Spread the shredded cheese evenly on top of the salsa layer.
- Add a layer of sliced olives on top of the cheese layer, as desired.
- Finish with a layer of sliced green onions.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: Serves 16
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 730mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
Keywords: 7 layer dip