Learn how to make Five Ingredient Homemade Chocolate Pudding It takes just five ingredients to make your own chocolate pudding at home.
let me tell you what! It’s so much richer and decadent and delicious. You’re gonna love it!
How To Make Homemade Chocolate Pudding
The five ingredients you’ll need are butter, corn starch, chocolate chips, heavy cream, and sugar.
Grab a saucepan and a whisk and let’s head on over to the stove We’re gonna start by melting 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over low heat.
Once the butter is melted sprinkle in 4 teaspoons of cornstarch and we’re gonna whisk this in to combine with the butter and let it cook for one minute.
Then pour in 2 cups of heavy cream and 1/4 cup of sugar and we’re gonna whisk this and increase the heat to medium-high and bring it to a simmer.
You want to whisk it constantly so that nothing catches and burns.
Just as it comes to a simmer the cream will start to thicken; You can see the little bubbles starting to form and the mixture has gotten really thick so we’re gonna remove it from the heat.
Set this down and then add in 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. We’ll whisk this in until it’s melted.
You can see it melts really fast.
we will just stir it until it’s nice and smooth and creamy and we’re gonna transfer all to a bowl to cool.
Now in order to prevent skin from forming on top, you’ll want to place a plastic wrap directly on top of the pudding and I just lightly press it on top so that it’s not exposed to any air Then we’re gonna let this chill in the fridge for about one hour.
Once it’s chilled you’re ready to eat, however, I kind of like to top my pudding with a little bit of freshly whipped cream.
So we will pour 1 cup of heavy cream into a mixing bowl and use a hand mixer to whip it up and if you want to sweeten it up you can.
Also, add in about 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar Once you’ve got stiff peaks your whipped cream is done.
Once our chocolate pudding has cooled off we’ll add on a dollop of whipped cream.
Homemade Chocolate Pudding is Extra creamy, rich, and chocolatey, easy To Make with only 5 ingredients! Perfect for dessert or a snack
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Once completely melted, add in the cornstarch and whisk until cornstarch is well combined. Let cook 1 minute.
- Whisk in the heavy cream and sugar. Stir continually while slowly increasing the heat to medium-high.
- When the cream thickens and starts to simmer, immediately remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the chocolate chips until completely melted. Pour into serving glasses or a bowl.
- Cover and let cool in the refrigerator until and serve when completely cooled and set, at least 1 hour.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 777
Keywords: Chocolate Pudding