The Chocolate Sugar Cookies combining the two sugar cookies and chocolate. It is a match made in heaven.
You can either make this using a hand mixer but today I’m going to show you how to make it using a stand mixer.
How To Make Chocolate Sugar Cookies:
Either will work. To start you’ll need 1 cup of softened butter, 1/4 cup or 2 ounces of softened cream cheese, and then 11/4 cup of granulated sugar and we’ll mix this until it’s smooth and creamy.
You want the mixture to be well combined together See how this is smooth and creamy?
That is what we’re looking for. Then add in 1 egg 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons of corn syrup which will keep our cookies and nice and soft but if you have negative feelings about corn syrup you can feel free to leave it out.
Next, you’ll need 2/3 of a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and we need to melt it in a microwave in 15-second increments, stirring in between and then we’ll pour that melted chocolate into our mixing bowl.
Fun fact: instead of the chocolate chips you can just use Nutella for Nutella sugar cookies.
Then we’ll give this a mix then we’ll add in 1/3 cup of cocoa powder 3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder 3/4 of a teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
Then we’ll mix all until it forms a nice dough. Be sure to stop and scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary to make sure everything gets mixed in.
Then we’ll turn this dough out onto a sheet of plastic wrap.
we’ll kind of press it into a nice little ball and flatten it out into a disc.
Then we’ll wrap this up in the plastic wrap and then we’ll pop it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
After an hour you should have a nice hard little disc, so we’ll unwrap it from the plastic wrap and then place it onto a lightly floured surface so we can roll it out.
You want to roll it until it’s about 1/4 inch thick then we’re gonna use these fun little cookie cutters and cut out some shapes.
Once they’re cut we’ll just pop them out of the cookie-cutter and place them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Once you’ve cut out what you can gather up all the scraps and form them into a ball again and then roll it out again to the same thickness and then continue cutting and re-rolling your dough as necessary.
Depending on what cookie cutters you use to cut your cookies you’ll get somewhere between 24 and 36 cookies out of this recipe.
Next, we’re gonna bake these in a 375-degree oven for about 10 minutes.
Now any cookies that are not in the oven should be kept in the fridge until ready to bake to prevent spreading so that they’ll hold their shape.
Now once they’re done baking we’re gonna let them cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before transferring them from the pan to the wire rack to cool completely and then that’s it!
Once they’ve cooled you are ready to eat. You can decorate them or serve them up plain.
The Best Chocolate Sugar Cookie Recipe – easy to make, soft, chocolatey and keeps the shape of the cookie-cutter every single time. You family will beg you to make these yummy homemade Chocolate Sugar Cookies again and again.
- 1 cup butter (, softened)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (, softened)
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (, melted)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- mixer the Butter, sugar and cream cheese in the bowl of a kitchen until it's smooth and creamy, using the whisk.
- Mix the corn syrup, vanilla, egg and melted chocolate by scraping off the sides and bottom of the bowl to mix everything together.
- Change the mixer attachment to a paddle or dough hook. Mix the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until everything is mixed.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and wrap in plastic wrap. Leave to cool for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Spread the dough 1 cm thick on a lightly floured surface. Use cookie cutters to cut the shapes you want and rotate the dough as needed.
- Put the biscuits on prepared trays. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes in the pan, then carefully remove to cool completely on a refrigerated rack.
Source : Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 148
Keywords: Chocolate Sugar Cookies